Why does the Sheriff wear a deputy’s uniform? Why does he do patrols/drive a patrol car?
It’s not like Stilinski has to help out on patrol because there’s a limited number of Deputies available. My county is so understaffed it’s scary (God I don’t even want talk about it), but I’ve never seen my county’s Sheriff wear anything but a suit when he’s working (when he was teaching it was different, but he still didn’t wear a deputy uniform).
Like, I get economy of characters and all, but all of the drama of Stiles’ dad losing his job because of Stiles abusing police resources could still happen if they just called Sheriff Stilinski a deputy.
Hey fandom - we know you’re busy losing your minds (lolololol) over our new promos, but take a break for a minute so we can ask for your help. We’re in the process of developing ideas for our online after shows, and we’re trying to theme each one differently. They can be anything you want - we’ll be talking with cast and crew about whatever topics you’d like to see them discuss, and it can be anything and everything (from “Latin American Werewolf Mythology” to “bacon”). So think about it and tell us - what are some themes you’d like to see?
Well, here are some topics you could bring up:
- Discuss the theme of consent in Teen Wolf, e.g. Peter biting Scott without his consent, Derek groping Erica before giving her the bite, Erica jumping on Derek and kissing him, Scott’s plan to use Derek’s body to bite Gerard, Lydia’s loss of agency when Peter used her body for his resurrection, Lydia being victim-blamed by Derek for that, etc. Talk about why this is important, what it means within the world of the show and in real life, and what it says about the cycle of abuse.
- On that note, finally clarify whether or not Jennifer had magical seductive powers that she used to coerce Derek into sex.
- Also, clarify whether or not Derek was underage when he slept with Kate.
- Or just create a timeline. Like literally roll in a whiteboard and some markers and draw when the events in canon so far took place and how old the main characters were at the time.
- Explain the difference between werewolf years and human years, or else explain why Peter was given that line if it’s not something that will eventually have significance in the show…maybe a potential plot point that was later abandoned?
- Ask the actors about their characters’ motivations. Ask Crystal what she thinks was going through Allison’s head when she came up with the new Argent motto. Ask Holland what she thinks motivated Lydia to not hide her intelligence from Aiden the way she hid it from Jackson. Ask Posey what he thinks is important to Scott now, how his priorities have changed since earlier seasons.
- Give more insight into behind-the-scenes decisionmaking and the practical reasons for not telling certain actors that their characters are secretly evil or going to die.
- Explain why it was important within the world of the show for Derek and Scott to pardon Deucalion. What, if anything, does it say about Derek’s growth?
- Confirm or deny if there are plans to have Stiles be a canon bisexual character. (If this is something that can’t be confirmed or denied because Jeff is still deciding, don’t introduce it into the discussion.)
- Discuss the theme of family: both biological ties and made families/chosen families. Why does Peter appear to care so much about Cora’s wellbeing when he killed Laura? How did Victoria’s death affect Allison’s relationship with Chris? What does Deaton represent for Scott? How does Melissa feel about having Isaac around?
- Talk about friendships. What makes the friendship between Allison and Lydia different than the one between Scott and Stiles? Who is Danny’s best friend now that Jackson isn’t around? Does Derek have any friends?
- Talk about the differences between how Stiles and Lydia treat each other now compared to how they treated each other in each previous season. If Lydia got doped up on painkillers again, would Stiles still try to hook up with her? Why or why not?
- Explain more about Lydia’s banshee powers, was she born with them or are they a result of what Peter did to her? Does she have any control over the banshee scream/wail or is it entirely involuntary?
- Talk about the balance between plot/action and characterization/emotion. What are some other genre shows that the cast and crew would say have the right balance?
Most importantly, though, talk about why your werewolves wax their chests. Does it make them more aerodynamic for fighting? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.
Yes good, all of this great thesis please answer but also
DOES TYLER HOECHLIN THINK DEREK HALE IS A GOOD PERSON
YOU FUCKERS ALWAYS FORGET TO ASK IF THE 20 MINUTE PANTS WARNING IS REAL
I AM RELYING ON YOU